The Bidayuh, one of more than 40 sub-ethnic groups in Sarawak, face a threat to their livelihood, traditional lands and culture with the development of the controversial Bengoh Dam.
The Bidayuh and the Dam from andrew garton on Vimeo.
- Read the synopsis.
- Download the micro-doc [MP4, 640×480, 170.1 MB].
- Download the script: SARAWAK-GONE-Ep01-The-Bidayuh-and-the-Dam [PDF 18 KB].
This micro-doc has been licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia license.
You may download, distribute and re-use this work as long as you:
- understand the terms of the license;
- acknowledge the Producer, Toy Satellite and Andrew Garton;
- link back to this page:
- link to or publish the link to the license:
One thought on “The Bidayuh and the Dam”
The peasants in rural China have a saying – Mei banfa – nothing to be done.
Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that point for the Bidayuh