Seven generations of music are said to be held by a Sape Master living in the Bakun Dam resettlement scheme, 180km southeast of Bintulu.
The Sape is one of the more well known traditional instruments of Sarawak, but few remain who can perform the music of former generations and in the style that represents that heritage.
- Read the synopsis.
- Download the micro-doc [WMV, 640×480, 128.9 MB].
- Download the script: TS_SG_The-Headman (FINAL) [PDF 12 KB].
This micro-doc has been licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Australia license.
You may download, distribute and re-use this work as long as you:
- understand the terms of the license;
- acknowledge the Producer, Toy Satellite and Andrew Garton;
- link back to this page:
- link to or publish the link to the license: